[TriLUG] ethernet print server

staylor at openfieldsolutions.com staylor at openfieldsolutions.com
Wed Apr 7 10:35:12 EDT 2004

[jason wrote:]

i need a couple of these for a job, HP jet directs are great but
expensive.  can anyone recommend an inexpensive ethernet print server
that plays nice with linux?  speaking of which, do any such devices
support usb printers (not that i need it now, just curious)?  thanks,

jason

Linksys devices have a built in print server I believe.

I like the axis print server. It has 2 lpt, 1 serial port and has logical
printers that you can send control characters to and have the same printer
operate under about 5 different names with different control character
settings (i.e. pr5 is portrait and pr7 is landscape etc.)

Shawn