[TriLUG] ethernet print server

Scott Chilcote scottchilcote at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 7 11:02:57 EDT 2004

staylor at openfieldsolutions.com wrote:
> Linksys devices have a built in print server I believe.
>
> I like the axis print server. It has 2 lpt, 1 serial port and has logical
> printers that you can send control characters to and have the same printer
> operate under about 5 different names with different control character
> settings (i.e. pr5 is portrait and pr7 is landscape etc.)
>
> Shawn

SMC Barricade firewall/routers have print servers.  I have one, and it
functions as a Unix lp queue with a parallel interface.  Works fine for
a postscript printer.  The one problem I've seen is that its memory has
limits; sometimes very large graphical images won't print.

The newer SMCs have a USB printer queue.  I'm not sure whether they
still have Unix compatibility, mine's three years old.

--
Scott C.