[TriLUG] OT: Hobby Parts for Electronics

Brian Weaver weave at oculan.com
Wed Apr 14 17:19:32 EDT 2004

Hi All,

This is off topic, mainly because the project in mind isn't for Linux
this time. I'm wanting to hobby work with electronics, I did after all
spend 6 years at NC State, most of it either in a computer lab or
working on electrical circuits. The problem is I'm looking for a good
place to find components. I know most basic stuff can be found at Radio
Shack, but does anyone know of any other local places or good online
stores? I'm trying to compile a list of good vendors so that I can find
what I need when I do find time to work on a hardware project.

Since this is off topic, please reply off list to weave at spellweaver
dot org. If you are interested in any links that I get from others just
send me a note and I'll forward along whatever I find out.

Thanks

-Weave