[TriLUG] Member benefit? relay via trilug?

Tanner Lovelace lovelace at wayfarer.org
Thu Apr 15 09:12:05 EDT 2004

Turnpike Man said the following on 4/15/04 9:03 AM:
> Interesting timing... in the irc (plug) irc.trilug.org, #trilug, we were
> discussing this just yesterday... many ISPs are refusing SMTP from dynamic IPs
> now.  For me, hosting on RR, I setup my postfix with a relayhost
> smtp-server.nc.rr.com and haven't had any problems.  Consider the relayhost as
> a viable option.
>
> (I can't recall, but I 'think' members can relay, someone in Steering can
> correct me if I'm wrong.)

Members can relay when using it with a trilug.org address.  You can
setup your mail client, if you have a trilug account, to log in and
relay that way, but please don't program your MTA (i.e. postfix,
sendmail, or exim) to use trilug as a relay.  You should use the
relay provided by your provider for that.

Cheers,
Tanner
--
Tanner Lovelace       | Don't move! Or I'll fill ya full of... little
lovelace at wayfarer.org | yellow bolts of light! - Commander John Crichton