[TriLUG] OT: Retail Sharks

Dan trilug at daijin.nulluser.com
Fri Apr 16 15:43:09 EDT 2004

--On Friday, April 16, 2004 08:58:09 AM -0400 Rock Roskam <rock at trilug.org>
wrote:

> Retailers need to compete with online competition and get their act
> together.  Example Compusa.  I needed a plain power cable for a PC.
> Price  at CompUSA $19.99.  Price at Intrex $1.50.  Give me a break there
> is no  explanation between the two prices.  If anything Compusa should be
> cheaper.  I can take a markup for convienence but that is a little
> excessive.

A couple of months ago I went shopping for a Minolta A1 digital camera...
MSRP is $1200, Wolf Camera at Crabtree had it for $900... I can get it from
Amazon for $699 with free shipping.  I'm all for supporting the local guy
but not for $200.  I tried to get Wolf to give me a compact flash or
*something* to even out the deal but the best they could do was some free
photo finishing.

--
Dan