[TriLUG] spyware

Chris Knowles chrisk at trilug.org
Fri Apr 16 15:48:37 EDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 15:25, Mike M wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 16, 2004 at 02:49:56PM -0400, john mitchell wrote:
> > Mike M. wrote:
> > >The only solution I can think of is to use a live-cd like Knoppix todo
> > critical and sensitive tasks like >financial transactions.
> >
> > What makes you think the Knoppix is OK?
>
> Well...er...ahhhh....(doh).
>
> OK. So now what?
> --
> Mike

Well, decide right now, how paranoid you need to be.

several standard choices:

1) I'm not paranoid.  Use windows.  it's probably not all that badly
insecured/backdoored/spywared.  [1]

2) What are you looking at?  Use Linux.  You could go through all the
source code, probably won't, but you could.

3) The NSA needs my help decoding the messages I'm getting from the
little green men on my dental work.  Use a *BSD.  These people tend to
be scarier, and more libertarian.  (Yup, I'm looking at you
YanceySlide.)

4) You're all against me, aren't you?  Burn your license.  Your $20
bills have RFID chips in them.  Only trade using precious metals that
you've smelted yourself, paper that you've made yourself, use only
quills that you've plucked yourself.

CJK

[1]  ROFL
--