[TriLUG] wireless for beige g3

Wing D Lizard wingedlizard at nc.rr.com
Sun Apr 18 10:37:36 EDT 2004

I would like to connect my beige g3 up to a wireless network.
Ideally it would be nice to have it work linux and macos (
9.2 and/or 10.1).

I have a usb card in this system and it works ( I can see
a usb harddrive), so a usb based wireless adapter would
be ideal.

unfortunately, all of the wireless adapters I've found say
'need pc pruning windows'.  I found one that required mac
os 10.2, but I do not have it yet ( it's going to be a kids
pc -- i picked it up cheap, and don't want to sink too
much into such an old computer).

Q:  What are my wireless options?  support for linux/macos 9.2
     and 10.1?

thanks.

b\375

ps: didn't wireless start with the mac?   and now I can't find
     wireless adapters for it?