[TriLUG] getting RH 7.1 to see new nics

Smith, Brett bsmith at bloodhoundinc.com
Tue Apr 20 12:46:16 EDT 2004

The RH7 series kernels TG3 driver did not support bcm5700 so...
Here is how I have done the bcm5700 in the past. YMMV
If you break it you get to keep all the pieceZ
I am not sure where to get the bcm5700 driver src
try this
http://www-306.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/license.do?filename=pc_servers/90
p2954.zip

you will need the bcm5700 driver and you will need to compile it for your
kernel.
make sure you have the source installed and configured

cd /usr/src/linux-2.4xxx
make clean
make mrproper
vi Makefile
edit the EXTRAVERSION to be correct
cp configs/yourkernelversion .config
make menuconfig
make dep

that is all you need to align the kernel source.

now untar the bcm drivers and run
make && make install
vi /etc/modules.conf
change eth0 to = bcm5700