[TriLUG] OT: Finding/Notifying People with Worm-infested PC's

Jaimie Livingston jaimie at onebutterfly.com
Tue Apr 20 16:04:27 EDT 2004

So, what's the concensus on finding and/or notifying user/admins who have
worm-infested PC's up on the Internet?

I have a small web-server that I run at home for personal and development
use, and I've been tagged by a few Worm-infested Windoze boxes, probably
some home PCs that the users have running wide open on the Internet. I have
the IP addresses, some from RR, and would like to find these people and let
them know that they are doing the world a disservice by leaving an infected
Windows box up and running, and maybe give them some pointers on how to
prevent such a thing from happening.

Jaimie