[TriLUG] is there a better tool than redhat-config-securitylevel

Turnpike Man turnpike420 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 21 11:12:53 EDT 2004

I'm currently being turned onto shorewall, which eases rule making for
iptables, I used to manually script iptables and was told I'm ridiculous for
doing so.  (Hope I have my terminology right here.)  Anyway, shorewall doesn't
seem to difficult; I'm currently not aware of a gui for it though.  Webmin
plugin??  (RHL 9 is hitting End of Life at the end of April, just FYI.)

http://www.shorewall.net and for a couple old style samples of my manual
iptables stuff: http://www.turnpike420.net/linux2/IPTables/ however helpful,
they could be dated.  Those script samples (the .txt files) were used in RH 7.3
and would be the file called /etc/init.d/iptables and I believe same location
in RHL 9.

Some TriLUGers are researching OpenBSD and pf for firewalling. (I think that's
the proper name.)

hope that helps,
David M.