[TriLUG] OT: Retail SharksoI

ALFRED JOHNSON alfjon at mindspring.com
Thu Apr 22 02:53:08 EDT 2004

Well, when an Intrex customer has Intrex build his computer from the
parts he chooses, it at least would be nice if he could at least expect
that the builders could install the hardware for those who prefer to
use another O.S. than Windows. When the Cary store had at least one
Linux expert it was nice to not have to deal with Windows just to get a
new piece of hardware properly installed.  I wouldn't expect to have an
expert to fix all my Linux problems (that's a better job for Tri-lug)
but it would be nice not to have to have a Windows system just so you
could get a new piece of hardware installed. For about a year this used
to be possible. I like Intrex myself and I like their philosophy about
the hardware they sell -- solid hardware for reasonable prices. And
I've bought a lot of hardware from them. It's just a nuisance for me to
have to keep a windows system on an extra hard drive just so I can get
a piece of hardware properly installed on my machine. It would be in
their best interest to have at least one person who knew how to install
hardware for those who wish to use Linux, and according to Scott, they
would if they knew more of their customers were using Linux. -- Al
Johnson.