[TriLUG] Machine crash

Glenn Hennessee hennesse at chemdept.chem.ncsu.edu
Thu Apr 22 13:14:08 EDT 2004

If memtest86 reports problems then you've got flakey memory. Replace it.
Windows may need to be reinstalled. If you have Norton Utilities run
WinDoctor. It's amazing the number of problems I've seen go away with
WinDoctor and having good memory. I had a system (HP) here that crashed
routinely. Memtest86 flagged the memory as bad, replaced it, reinstalled
the OS and it's been stable since, or at least as stable as windows ever
is.
glenn