[TriLUG] Linux tapes backups and Amanda

Brian McCullough bdmc at bdmcc-us.com
Fri Apr 23 14:06:49 EDT 2004

On Fri, Apr 23, 2004 at 12:22:42PM -0400, Andrew Perrin wrote:
> No, because it's just a home network and not very complicated - should I?

Not that I can think of, although it doesn't appear that you are using
all of the capabilities that are already in GNU tar.  ( If I remember
correctly, there are facilities for creating and maintaining tape
indexes, and doing incremental backups, as well as the full backup you
illustrated. )  Of course, I may not have read your message as closely
as I should.

Another "bare-metal" option is, of course, cpio.

Brian