[TriLUG] OT: Developer Rates

Mike M linux-support at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 23 15:57:57 EDT 2004

On Fri, Apr 23, 2004 at 11:23:58AM -0500, Marty Ferguson wrote:
> Untill they realize that they have shared interests and
> common goals with people working in other industries:

They possess a bargaining chip programmers and admins don't
have:  they must be physically present to do their work so
they can't be outsourced.

> Stagehands/Grips
> Plumbers
> Screenwriters
> Musicians
> Electricians
> Pipefitters
> Firefighters
> Peace Officers (the FOP)
> et cetera
>
> And I will repeat my prior statement that proper governance requires
> the responsible regulation of industry.

Yep.  But free trade with a partner not having the same set of
regulations leads to job loss among other things. Regulations are
for the wealthy I suppose.

--
Mike

Moving forward in pushing back the envelope of the corporate paradigm.