[TriLUG] System monitoring tool

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Sat Apr 24 11:31:45 EDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-23 at 16:12, Magnus Hedemark wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Apr 2004, Ron Joffe wrote:
>
> > I'm looking for some suggestions for an open source tool (or set of tools)
> > which would allow me to monitor a number of customer systems.
>
> You have no further to look than Pittsboro, NC.
>
> http://opennms.org

I second Magnus' suggestion of OpenNMS. I've been running it for years.

The philosophy of OpenNMS is very similar to that of Mon, but (IMO)
OpenNMS is easier to extend and comes with a better out-of-the-box setup
than Mon. It's also got some really nice built-in views that you can
easily extend to your customers - so they can "see" how well their
networks and systems are running.

Jon