[TriLUG] OT: Retail SharksoI

ALFRED JOHNSON alfjon at mindspring.com
Tue Apr 27 02:37:48 EDT 2004

Well, yes, I have had the pleasure of taking my Linux box to the Cary
Intrex store and having one of their service guys install hardware on
it for me, without my having Windoze.
For about at least 6 months this was indeed possible, but alas this
service is no more, because the guys who could do it (and work on
Windows machines also!!) apparently found other work. After talking to
Scott in the Cary store, he said they would be inclined to get that
service back again, if there was a bigger demand for it. And during the
time they had Linux expertise, they were able to install new Intrex
hardware on a Linux computer. I'm not talking about troubleshooting a
Linux system!!  Although I even had some of that done when they had
some Linux expertise. Right now I'd like to get a DVD burner installed
in my box in place of my CD burner, for example.--- Al Johnson