[TriLUG] Linux Clustering (high availability) and file systems

Dean Price dprice153 at charter.net
Tue Apr 27 15:20:54 EDT 2004

In the past, an optimum scenario would be to create a raw partition (less
than 100MB) to have a "heartbeat".

System 1 would own the external dasd, and periodically check in to the raw
partition (timestamp), as would system 2 (simutaenously) when system 1
goes down or crashes on way or another system 2 would see that evident at
the raw partition then STONITH (Shoot The Other Node In The Head) and take
over whatever job it was doing.

Dean Price
deano at price4.org
dprice153 at charter.net