[TriLUG] vxworks under linux

john mitchell john280z at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 28 09:46:06 EDT 2004

Mike,
   I am using two books on embedded linux to some development work on an
old PC-104 system (486DX5, 4 Meg Ram, no video):

1) Building Embedded Linux Systems. Yaghmour, O'Reilly.
2) Embedded Linux HW, SW, and interfacing. Hollabaugh, Addison-wesley.

The two books together discuss building the GNU toolchain and cross
compiling in great detail (one seems to cover areas the other misses!).
(the second book is worth it for the script files that come with it).
Both discuss the root file system and have working code to build them.

johnm