[TriLUG] requirements for classes...

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Wed Apr 28 10:39:59 EDT 2004

Here are some of the requirements we have.  We have tried several
locations that fit the bill, it just seems that everytime we get going
on a location, a problem happens.  It has been frustrating I agree.

* Ideally located relative close to the center of the Triangle
(RTP/Morrisville/north Cary area best, maybe south Durham)

* Ideally would have room for 25-40 people

* Available on Saturday and/or evenings

* Doesn't require pre-regristration (ie, no requirement to have a list
of attendees pre-registered with security or something of that nature)

* Internet access would be nice, but not really required.  (We would
provide wireless, switches, etc.; we'd just need a single feed, but
again this isn't required.)

* We've pretty much considered only locations that can be used for free,
because we want the events to be free for attendees, and we don't have a
budget to cover for them otherwise

Maybe one of the reasons we've not been able to get these classes going
regularly is that we have been too picky.  Let's see if we can revise
these requirements perhaps?  Ideas?

--Jeremy