[TriLUG] Well, now that I haven't paid attention to the to field....

Maria Winslow maria.winslow at windows-linux.com
Wed Apr 28 10:56:57 EDT 2004

I hate when that happens.. but anyway, as I just told Ken publicly, I am
finishing up a book, and need to collect screen shots. I'm on a laptop, which
means that it's hard to get everything I need.

Would you guys be willing to help?

It's for a good cause (general Linux advocacy), and the whole thing was
written using open source tools (Mandrake 9.2, vi, latex, xdvi, then
OpenOffice to make Word format for the editors). The images need to be high
resolution TIFF or EPS files to work in print, and I'm looking for images
that would show the reader at a glance what to expect from the product. And
yes, I realize that many of you use the command line instead of Webmin, but
remember that it all needs to look friendly enough for Windows people to get
started.

Here's my list:
     Red Hat desktop
     Lindows desktop
     SUSE desktop
     Debian desktop
     Fedora Core desktop
     Sun Java Desktop desktop
     StarOffice, three or four views
     Evolution, two or three views
     Ximian Red Carpet, admin view
     Webmin, user management module
     Webmin, Apache module
     Samba Web Admin Tool
     Graphical admin view of CUPS config
     Webmin, BIND config
     Webmin, Shorewall config
     Webmin, FreeS/WAN config
     Webmin, Squid/SquidGuard config
     Webmin, configuring SSL for Apache
     Webmin, Sendmail
     Webmin, Postfix
     SUSE OpenExchange Server, 1 admin view, two client views
     Stalker CommuniGate Pro, admin view
     Webmin, SpamAssassin config
     MailScanner admin view
     Zope, 1 admin view, 2 client views