[TriLUG] TriLUG ReplyTo

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Thu Apr 29 15:06:48 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-29 at 14:54, Tanner Lovelace wrote:
>  I've noticed
> that if you do Reply to all it will sometimes get both the poster and
> the reply-to but I had assumed that was highly client dependent.  For
> myself, it always seems to do just what I don't want it to do. :-)

> Anyone else out there that can help shed some light on this?

I that if the original e-mail has a Reply-To: header set, mailman will
*add* the list address (trilug at trilug.org) to the existing Reply-To:
header, rather than replacing with only the list address.  I tried that
with this e-mail; we'll see if it works.

Therefore, the Reply-To: will should end up looking like this:

<trilug at trilug.org>, Jeremy Portzer <jeremyp at pobox.com>
[all on one line]

So, the client will include both in the header when you press reply,
which makes it easier to select whether you want the reply to go to the
list or to the individual.  You can just delete whichever you don't
want.

--Jeremy