[TriLUG] TriLUG ReplyTo

Brian A. Henning lugmail at cheetah.dynip.com
Thu Apr 29 15:08:13 EDT 2004

> Reply should always go to the list since we set the Reply-To header
> (no comments, please, on whether that should be the default or not,
> that's been rehashed thousands of times over the net).  I've noticed
> that if you do Reply to all it will sometimes get both the poster and
> the reply-to but I had assumed that was highly client dependent.  For
> myself, it always seems to do just what I don't want it to do. :-)
> What client are you running?
>
> Anyone else out there that can help shed some light on this?

At risk of exposing myself, I'm using Outlook 2000, SP-3.  I did just a
little bit more playing with it, namely going through a bunch of old TriLUG
messages still sitting in my trash, and seeing if there was any
predictability to the behavior.  What I found is that for whatever reason, a
Reply (and yeah, this time I made sure I was not accidentally hitting to
All) to any post from Jim had his address in the To as well as trilug.  I
found a couple other senders that exhibited the same phenomenon, so it seems
to be tied to the sender.

Dunno if that helps clear it up any, but that's what I found.

~Brian