[TriLUG] requirements for classes...

sholton at mindspring.com sholton at mindspring.com
Thu Apr 29 16:37:44 EDT 2004

Thus Quoth "Timothy A. Chagnon" <tchagnon at nc.rr.com>:

> Yes, the protocol (rfb?) that vnc uses is wicked simple and can be
> snooped by just capturing the data stream and playing it back with a
> slightly modified vncviewer.  Really just mouse & keyboard to server and
> chunks of image to client.  You need a man-in-the middle sort of proxy.
> I set it up for a client last year that wanted to keep records of
> emergency (fix-the stupid M$-SQL server) off-hours vnc stuff.

So, with TriLUG's cooperation, we could not only have on-line
classes, but we could archive them for later replay by those
for whom the class starting time is a problem.

How difficult would it be to capture the voice path for playback
in the same way?

Are there any of the "requirements for classes" we _haven't_
demolished yet?

--
Steve Holton
sholton at mindspring.com