[TriLUG] requirements for classes...

Rock Roskam Rock.Roskam at sas.com
Thu Apr 29 16:48:21 EDT 2004

I like this thread on this. I want vnc over port 80.  I have this link on a java applet container that will proxy the vnc for you.  http://www.ergotech.com/misc/VNCProxy.html  Now combined with gnome meeting or some other product and a box with vmware we could do a the whole shebang remotely.  I would also like something comparable to Live Meeting or Webex which is open sourced for Linux.  Still a big connection to the box would be needed in my experience the connection needs 128 kbps per user in and out.  2 or 3 users would start to swamp a dsl or cable connection.  I have not had the time yet to try an implementation.

Rock