[TriLUG] requirements for classes...

Turnpike Man turnpike420 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 29 17:53:14 EDT 2004

A semi similar discussion came up, some by yours truely, on digital video
archives of the monthly meetings, in particular for those who miss the
speaker/presentation.  This was quickly nixed due to a few reasons:

1.  Who would be responsible for taking the video (I couldn't volunteer myself
b/c I can hardly make it to the meetings when I want to, much less training
sessions.)  Requires ownership of a DV cam and the ability to make it available
at all functions.

2.  Who will dedicate time to do the capture and compression of said
video/audio?

3.  Who will store it... HD storage is apparently an issue for TriLUG iirc.

4.  And based on the above, cost and hardware resources are the final slam
(including the bandwidth limitations we have).

If you want to see this discussion, I'm sure you can search for it in our
archives, it happened in the last 6 months or less and I was one of the
involved parties.

So, in light of the above, it would seem TriLUG does not have the resources.  I
would like to think that a group of this caliber could change that.  Are we
soliciting enough donations?  I mean, if the web pages that got us to the
video/audio archives of the meetings and training classes gave ad space based
on donations to help us deliver services... would anyone really be that upset??
 I for one would love to see these types of things implemented, but I
unfortunately don't currently have the time to offer to help make it happen.
Maybe someone who can will step forward.

laters,
David M.