[TriLUG] cups setup problem

Ralph Blach chipper at us.ibm.com
Fri Apr 30 09:24:20 EDT 2004

I have a home network that looks like this

    server1 redhat 9.0 runinns cups
|----------------------------------------
| ethernet to my local home network     |---------local home network---
| 10.0.0.4/255.255.255.0 eth0           | combination of redhat 9.0/cups systems
| three printer lp0, lp1,p4019          | finds all printer sucessfully
|  tunnel to my sons network at school  |
| 10.1.0.1/255.255.255.252 tap0         |----------|
|                                       |          |
|----------------------------------------          |

_______________________tunnel______________________|

|___________________________________
| tunnel to my server
| 10.1.0.2/255.255.255.252 tap 0
|___________________________________

1)I set up the browse relay to include my sons network
2)the browser on his system only finds lp0
3)when I try to print on system to lp0,
   the error message says printer not availble.

4)if I go into the cups client.config
   and specifiy the server as 10.1.0.1
   I can print to all printer, but the browser does not
   show any of them.

5)lastly, How do configure cups so that I can use the
   browser interface on something else than localhost.

Thanks

Chip