[TriLUG] TriLUG ReplyTo

Phillip Rhodes mindcrime at cpphacker.co.uk
Fri Apr 30 12:07:44 EDT 2004

Tanner Lovelace wrote:

> I did say we could try this out and see how it worked.  You prefer
> it the way it was.  So noted.  Does anyone else have an opinion
> about it?  Please speak up so that we can come to a consensus.

I'd prefer it the other way as well.  Not many people send an
explicit Reply-To header, but for the ones who do, it IS easier
to reply to just that individual if we leave it there.

Besides, if mailman already has a feature to prevent subscribers
from accidentally receiving duplicate messages, I don't see how
stripping an existing Reply-To header is buying us anything.

And if nothing else I'd say we should leave it on principle...
If a  user sent an explicit Reply-To I think we should respect it.

TTYL,

Phil

--
When the 1st Amendment no longer protects your voice.
And when the 4th Amendment no longer protects your privacy or your stuff.

FREE AMERICA
Vote Libertarian
www.lp.org