[TriLUG] Question: was requirements for classes...

Ben Pitzer uncleben at mindspring.com
Fri Apr 30 13:31:06 EDT 2004

Well, there are other options to Webex or Livemeeting, both of which I've
had success with, but which are primarily IE only (LiveMeeting doesn't work
under Firefox for me, even on Windows).  Here's one, once it matures a
little more, perhaps:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/gaim-vv/

There is also GnomeMeeting (which, as of the upcoming 2.00 release will be
ported to QT as well as GTK+.

I'm sure that there are other open source options out there, but you're
right in that bandwidth is a concern, especially for dialup attendees.
Unfortunately, there's not much we can do about that.  Those folks
especially should be encouraged to attend the class live.  Broadband users
wouldn't be nearly so hampered by this as the dialups, though.

Regards,
Ben Pitzer

"Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
 --Ben Franklin--