[TriLUG] iptables with more than 2 nics

David Rasch rasch at raschnet.com
Mon May 3 10:24:55 EDT 2004

Ryan,

Part of the problem is likely that only certain rules "know" on what
interface the packet entered.  If you're interested, I have an existing
shorewall configuration for my firewall which has 3 nics.  One internet,
one intranet, and one for my wireless network (with limited internet
access, no smtp access, and only vpn access to my intranet).

It sounds to me like you're trying to do this configuration manually,
which although educational, will become a management headache at
some point :).

Feel free to contact me off list if you're interested in a copy of my
configs.
David