[TriLUG] Wiki suggestions

Christopher L Merrill chris at webperformanceinc.com
Wed May 5 11:27:35 EDT 2004

Another Java-based Wiki is JSPWiki.  We use it here and have been quite
happy with it.  I can't compare the feature sets to others, since it is
the only one we've used at length, but I can tell you that it is VERY
easy to setup.  It took me about 30 seconds to install it (drop the WAR
file into Tomcat) and another minute to configure it (change the root
documents folder location).

If you are looking for a wiki tailored for a development group,
Confluence from Atlassian (http://www.atlassian.com/software/) is quite
impressive.  I'd call it a super-wiki - it has administrative functions,
hooks into their bug-tracking system, security, refactoring, and can
support multiple separate 'wiki-spaces'.
Not free, but quite feature-rich.

Rippy, Jonathan wrote:
> I personally like VeryQuickWiki, http://veryquickwiki.sourceforge.net/
>
> A good description from their site:  Very Quick Wiki is a WikiWiki web
> clone written using JSPs and servlets and designed to install and run
> with minimum effort on Tomcat or some other Java application server.

Chris Merrill                  |  http://www.webperformanceinc.com
Web Performance Inc.           |  http://www.webperformancemonitoring.net

Website Load Testing, Stress Testing, and Performance Monitoring Software