[TriLUG] Knoppix 3.4 - Local TriLUG torrent

Magnus Hedemark chrish at trilug.org
Thu May 6 19:49:54 EDT 2004

Mike M wrote:

>You don't own any x86 do you :-)?

HP d530u is a slim desktop form factor PC.   Most of the ones under my
care are 2.4GHz Pentium4.

But I don't own it.  That's at work.

I got plenty of x86 at home.  I just happen to have more machines that
aren't.  This email is being composed on my "new" (old frankenstein box
with new system board, cpu, memory and power supply) PC with a 1.4GHz
Duron (x86).  I wouldn't dream of using one of my Suns or PA-RISC boxes
as a desktop computer.

>Interested in an Atari 520ST with a floppy with a busted drive band?

Heh.  No, thanks.  You will let me know if you get any RS/6000 hardware
you just don't know what to do with though, right? ;-)

>Plenty of documentation - internals stuff Atari designers.  You have
>that "museum" right?

Yeah but I have given away orders of magnitude more than I have kept.
I've actually been getting pickier.  Trying to only grab stuff that I
think I can realistically use.  Actually turned down an alpha a few
weeks ago.  Already got a couple.  Save shelf space for something else.
I figure with all of these companies migrating their production systems
from Sun to Linux, there should be a glut of newer Sun hardware hitting
the market soon at low low prices.