[TriLUG] OT: Dial-Up ISP

Aaron S. Joyner aaron at joyner.ws
Fri May 7 16:01:47 EDT 2004

Ron Joffe wrote:

>Hey folks,
>
>Can you provide a recommendation for a dial up ISP which has local #'s in
>Durham, and Buffalo, NY. Cheap and simple is the only requirements.
>
>Oh ya, and Linux friendly of course.
>
>Ron

Intrex.net - Nationwide Dialup for $17.99 a month, numbers in both
Durham and Buffalo, and just about every where else you'd want to be.
If you're expecting to keep your dialup account for a while, you can
prepay for 1 year and get $15.99 / month, or 2 years and get $12.99 /
month.  Unfortunately, you can't yet use our Speedster service
(accelerated dialup, squid + on the fly compression + optional /
configurable image compression) on Linux, but perhaps in the very near
future it will be an option.  If you're using a windows client, or if we
roll it out for *NIX in the near future, it would be an additional $2 /
month.

And we're quite Linux friendly.  :)

Aaron S. Joyner
System Administrator