[TriLUG] need a gui for my bash script

Nathan Conrad conrad at bungled.net
Mon May 10 10:48:52 EDT 2004

Without knowing your application, I do not know what sort of input
must be obtained. But, if you are looking for a series of simple
questions (or even a file selection dialog box), you may want to look
at zenity.

For example, you script could contain:
SPEED=`zenity --entry --text="What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?"`

And it would pop up a dialog box asking for input and set the value of
speed to the input.

For anything more complex, you may want to look at some of the rapid
application design programs such as glade.

-Nathan