[TriLUG] Re: OT: Dial-Up ISP

Ben Pitzer uncleben at mindspring.com
Mon May 10 12:47:53 EDT 2004

Ken,

All I'll say here is that I'm not in charge of the support operations for
RR, only the network and systems infrastructure.  I have no control over how
they support or fail to support anything.  I've been similarly frustrated in
the past when I was an RR customer, prior to working here.  I believe that
I've made my point of view on supporting Linux about as clear as I can, and
while I can't make any statements of a personal nature with regards to RR's
support policies, I hope that my being a member of this group, a Linux user
and advocate, and my willingness to help out members of this group who have
been frustrated with RR support in the past will speak for itself.  I'm not
front line tech support, and  I won't help you out if you come to me first.
But I've said before that folks who have problems or questions that I can
help with are welcome to contact me if they are unable to get any help or
response from the RR support department.  I won't be able to help in every
case, but I'll see what I can do.

Regards,
Ben Pitzer

"Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
 --Ben Franklin--