[TriLUG] FREE Sun server to any home.

bp bp at itchy.kicks-ass.org
Mon May 10 15:09:16 EDT 2004

Ok.  Now that I got your attention lets go ahead and get the bad stuff out
of the way:
 1) It will not run linux.
 2) It doesn't have an HD
 3) It's from circa 1993 or so, A Sun 3/60 which sold for a hefty $9450
in it's day.

But hey, it's a Sun box and it is completely free to anyone who wants it.

It should run NetBSD from what I'm told (VME bus).  I've got some doc for
it which includes old-school overclocking instructions. It has memory,
keyboard & mouse. It boots at last check (console mode a couple months
ago).  It's a heavy Pizza box form factor too!

So if you can't resist the urge to scratch that "IT'S FREE ITCH" and
you'll be at Thursday's meeting then drop me an email at
bpevans at trilug|dot|org and it's yours.

Thanks,
Barry