[TriLUG] Irritating web site

W W M scottishwalrus at yahoo.com
Mon May 10 18:35:49 EDT 2004

Er, how 'bout Opera (not the SFOpera, although that certainly may be worth taking in while you're there :-)  ) ?  You're supposed to be able to have Opera "masquerade" as Netscape or IE for situations just such as yours.
-Mark

Matthew Lavigne <maillist at shenandoahkennels.net> wrote:
On Monday 10 May 2004 04:47 pm, Andrew Perrin wrote:
> The web site for San Francisco's Hotel Nikko (www.hotelnikkosf.com) turns
> of scrollbars for any browser other than IE. (ugh.) That makes it
> impossible to read not just their site, but any site visited *after* it
> until you close the browser.
>
> This is quite irritating. Any advice on working around it? (Using Mozilla
> as browser.)
>
> Thanks,
> Andy

> Andrew J Perrin - http://www.unc.edu/~aperrin
> Assistant Professor of Sociology, U of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
> clists at perrin.socsci.unc.edu * andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu

Konqueror on 3.2.2 lost the scrollbars after the first page(whether set to id
as ie6 on xp or not) but I was able to view the complete page with zarro
issue (could see all the available text).

Incidentially when I went to CNN afterward, scroll bars came back.

Matthew Lavigne