[TriLUG] Irritating web site

john mitchell john280z at earthlink.net
Mon May 10 19:25:59 EDT 2004

Did you consider writing them and complaining?
   I am quite often surprised by the numerous web sites that require the
visitor to have a specific plug-in/option to use the site.
   The purpose of a web site is to communicate - if the powers that be
find out that their Super-Whiz-Bang web site is not viewable by a
segment of the population, they will get it changed. I had this happen
when www.handango.com required Flash to use their web site. An e-mail to
the web master resulted in a reply from a VP and on the following Monday
it was usable without flash.
   Please note that an e-mail that flames the site/product/code will get
less consideration than a polite query.

john mitchell