[TriLUG] OT: looking for "red" plenum zip ties

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Thu May 13 13:48:30 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-05-13 at 13:30, Jeremy Portzer wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-05-13 at 13:26, Jon Carnes wrote:
>
> > The city inspector failed the job and won't let them proceed because the
> > zip ties holding the network wiring are clear.  He devoutly believes
> > that plenum rated zip ties only come in "red".
> > Problem: none of my electrical or cable distributors carry the "red" zip
> > ties any more (they are more expensive than the clear plenum rated
> > ties).
> > The client is pissed. He is still not able to move in. I need to find
> > some red zip ties (plenum rated) because being right isn't as much fun
> > as having a happy client (and getting getting paid...).
> >

> 1) I know that the local Home Depot and Lowes carries red spraypaint...

yes, we've also joked about that, but unfortunately I do have a
conscience...

> 2) Can you use some metal ties or other form of plenum-rated fastener?

You know I think I should just cut up some of the plenum rated cabling
and use that to tie it up... unfortunately this inspector wants the
cabling secured above the ceiling tiles permanently - so he wants zip
ties - red zip ties.

Metal?  hmmm. I don't think he would pass that either (unless it were
RED metal).

Jon