[TriLUG] Job Posting

Ron Joffe rjoffe at yahoo.com
Thu May 13 15:36:25 EDT 2004

Because we are usually in a hurry to get through the "have a job / need a job"
section of the meeting, it was recommended to me to place this post in the
list.

Here is the job requirements and description, Please track me down after the
meeting or email me if you are interested. Cell number is (919) 349-5612.

* BS or better in Engineering.
* Project engineering / management skills and experience required.
* Strong communication skills required.
* 4 years experience Minimum.
* Oracle Development skills (PL/SQL), Oracle Administration (OEM)
* Strong Linux / Unix Background, Comfortable in a windows desktop / Linux
Server Environment
* Good troubleshooting skills are essential.
* Must be willing to travel (estimate 20%).
* Experience with electric utilities a big plus.

The position opening is for a consultant in a very small (3 person) consulting
and project implementation operation. Our customers require personable and
knowledgeable consultant which will provide installation, integration and
software support to them. The candidate will support the day-to-day
operations of the utility, and will be directly responsible for entire
project start to finish plus long term support. Must be able to be self
motivated, require minimum supervision, and pick up new subjects and
materials in a minimum of time. Must be able to balance multiple project
workloads and meet scheduled milestones in each project. Customer interaction
on a day to day basis, most remotely but some travel required. Ability to
work from a small office, and/or from a home office. Compensation will be
based solely on experience and ability. Some night / weekend support will be
required. Availability to customer emergencies on a 24/7 basis.