[TriLUG] OT: looking for "red" plenum zip ties

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Thu May 13 23:07:23 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-05-13 at 19:39, Mike M wrote:
> On Thu, May 13, 2004 at 01:26:27PM -0400, Jon Carnes wrote:
> > I'm looking for about 20 plenum rated zip ties that are the color red.
> Try here:
>
> http://www.google.com/local?hl=en&lr=&q=connect-it&near=Raleigh,+NC&radius=0.0&latlng=35771944,-78638888,35848279,-78598210&oi=locald
> >
> > Crazy story:
> <snip>
> I love stories about people getting pissed at people who try to help
> them.
>
> <snip>
> > As to the inspector, he has put to much into this fiasco to back down
> > and admit his mistake.
>
> I called in the supervisors when it happened to me.  But that was a
> residential affair and it took a long time.
> >
> > Jon (who will never volunteer to cable for a client again) Carnes
>
> BS :-)
>
> --
> Mike

That's funny!

Connect-It is where I bought the clear nylon plenum zip-ties (because
they are out of the red ones). I tried a bunch of places including the
very expensive Graybar electric - they all would happily sell me the
clear nylon plenum zip-ties but none of them had any of the old Red ones
in stock.