[TriLUG] LinuxFest?

Jeff Tickle jtickle at jtsoft.net
Fri May 14 06:54:20 EDT 2004

The "Egyptian Linux Advocate" interview on Slashdot brought up a good
idea; having a day about Linux rather than limiting ourselves to
installing; I mean, who will want Linux installed if they aren't
informed in the first place?  Could we hold something like this in the
RDU area?  Maybe pick a Saturday (or a whole weekend), get some
corporate sponsorship perhaps, could probably charge admission (not much
though, and free would be better), invite representatives from Free
projects to come by and set up a booth, do some presentations geared
towards the promotion of Free Software, and in one corner we could run a
standard InstallFest.

If anyone here went to the Lulu Tech Circus, that's sort of what I was
thinking of, except a little better organized and not so much about
money, and of course about free software.  Has anything like this been
done around here before?

Perhaps this would be a good project to get our new steering committee
started?  :-)

Anyone who didn't read the article, it's very interesting.  Check it
out:
http://interviews.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/05/13/1346237

Happy Friday!

--