[TriLUG] Kernel Panic - This can't be good for a Friday morning

Jason Tower jason at cerient.net
Fri May 14 09:14:55 EDT 2004

knoppix has always been my pal in cases like this, although tom's root
boot disk performs a similar task (unless it doesn't have a driver for
whatever scsi/raid card you're using).  if knoppix/tom's can't
mount /dev/sdaX (not just /dev/sda) then you have either a corrupted
filesystem or a failed disk.

(despite the irony, i'll avoid mentioning anything about backups)

jason