[TriLUG] Kernel Panic - This can't be good for a Friday morning

Stephen Hoffman srhoffman at bellsouth.net
Fri May 14 09:43:53 EDT 2004

This may be way off base, but I had this happen to me when I had an
incorrect paramater in grub.  I built a custom kernel and when I updated
grub, I had a typo on the initrd line...I got the same: Kernel panic: no
init found.  Try passing init= option to kernel. error.  May not be your
answer, but if you made any recent changes, it's alway possible your
finger slipped.

Good luck!
Steve