[TriLUG] OT:<rant>Intrex just lost a customer</rant>

Dave Sorenson dave at logicalgeek.com
Sat May 15 18:50:33 EDT 2004

I'm posting this for 2 reasons 1: caveat emptor to the rest of Tri-Lug'ers
and 2: I know some of those at Intrex reads this list so you'll know why
I'll choose to go 5 miles out of my way to not shop at any of your stores
ever again.

Well, I didn't believe it when I heard about other peoples bad experiences,
but Intrex just lost me forever as a customer. I buy a memory card reader
from the Wake Forest store, get it home hooked up and working. A few minutes
later it stops working. I remove it from the boxen and find it fried a
resistor. I take it back and explain what happened and Mark tells me they
can't take it back because it has "physical damage" (the fried resistor)
they say my only option is to try to get help from the vendor. Note: vendor
is a small New York based outfit. We are talking $19.95 here.. It's going to
cost me more to ship certified insured as required by the manufacturer than
the thing was to buy..

I'm EXTREMELY disappointed in Intrex, They COULD have stepped up and
replaced the defective unit. In fact, I was ready to spend MORE money to
replace the defective reader with one that was $10 more. Now Intrex will not
see that $10, nor will see any additional patronage from me ever. They
CHOOSE not to help the customer, this customer now chooses not to shop at
Intrex. With "customer service like this, it's no wonder that stores like
Intrex find it harder and harder to compete against Best Buy, Tiger Direct,
Circuit City Et. All.. From now on I'll pay a little more not to have this
kind of hassle.

Dave S