[TriLUG] OT:<rant>Intrex just lost a customer</rant>

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Sat May 15 19:15:11 EDT 2004

It's interesting to me that folks will try to take back components that
they install themselves (and that get fried).  My first assumption is
that unless I pay for the store to do it, it's my risk.

Now my wife on the other hand wore the heck out of a pair of sneakers -
playing Ultimate in them - then returned them six months later for a
brand new pair... I was almost floored when the manager simply told her
to select any new pair from the store as a replacement.  I mean, we
didn't even have a receipt.  :-)

I suggest you try talking to the manager of the Intrex store (or at
least that is my wife's suggestion). But don't feel too burned by losing
$20, as you said "caveat emptor". Heck my neighbor "borrowed" my $20 saw
after a tornado and I never saw the saw again... but I still wave and
smile when I see the neighbor.

Jon Carnes