[TriLUG] OT:<rant>Intrex just lost a customer</rant>

Justin Johnson justin at deepbluesoftware.com
Sun May 16 12:37:23 EDT 2004

> With "customer service like this, it's no wonder that
> stores like Intrex find it harder and harder to compete
> against Best Buy, Tiger Direct, Circuit City Et. All. From
> now on I'll pay a little more not to have this kind of hassle.

You have got to be kidding. Are trying to imply that Best Buy and
Circuit City have better customer service than Intrex? That's rather
funny. Tell you what. Call Best Buy and get a live person on the phone.
What you are going to accomplish by patronizing the superstores is pay
_more_ to be able to have the convenience of a walk in and we will
exchange it no questions asked policy. That's great, you and 100,000
other people PAYED for this on each and every purchase there.
Superstores don't have better customer service, the CHARGE you for
anticipated returns. And on top of that, they still pass the loss back
to the supplier. Yeah, that' who I want to give my money to.

I've been a customer of Intrex for years. Of all the small computer
shops I have bought components from, they are the best, and might I add,
the only one that is still around. Small computer shops don't survive
that don't provide good customer service. There are finite number of
geeks willing to buy parts and assemble machines themselves. If they
burn someone over a 20 card reader, they lose that person for a larger
proc, mobo, etc. sale down the road. Not good business sense.

Take it up with Intrex. Don't post a "Warning, Intrex Will Screw You"
message. In my opinion and even more so, based on my experience, Intrex
will stand behind their return policy and will be reasonable to work
with.

-JJ