[TriLUG] OT:<rant>Intrex just lost a customer</rant>

Dave Sorenson dave at logicalgeek.com
Sun May 16 13:26:57 EDT 2004

>>You have got to be kidding. Are trying to imply that Best Buy and Circuit
City have better customer service than Intrex? >>That's rather funny. Tell
you what. Call Best Buy and get a live person on the phone.

Yeap, have done that.. Look up the local store in the phone books and dial
the number.. No problem...

>>What you are going to accomplish by patronizing the superstores is pay
_more_ to be able to have the convenience of a
>>walk in and we will exchange it no questions asked policy. That's great,
you and 100,000 other people PAYED for this on >>each and every purchase
there.

And no garbage when I need to take advantage of this exchange policy, no
problem. I realize the cost is built into the purchase price. I'll make the
conscious choice to pay a little more for the piece of mind in the future.
Welcome to capitalism 101.

>> There are finite number of geeks willing to buy parts and assemble
machines themselves. If they burn someone over a 20 >>card reader, they lose
that person for a larger proc, mobo, etc. sale down the road. Not good
business sense.

I agree with 1st sentence and the second sentence is exactly what happened,
they burned me on a $20 card reader and lost me for future sales. I've been
building and upgrading computers for 10+years and I buy a lot of components.

>>Take it up with Intrex. Don't post a "Warning, Intrex Will Screw You"
>>message. In my opinion and even more so, based on my experience, Intrex
will stand behind their return policy and will >>be reasonable to work with.

Please point out where I posted "Warning, Intrex Will Screw You"? I posted
my experience but gave no such advice. I stated my opinion and my decision
re: shopping at the business. What you do is your decision. I DID take it up
with the manager on duty and got no satisfaction and found he (the store's
representative) was not "reasonable to work with". If an organization wants
to give good service everyone needs to be in on it. If you make customers
jump through 5 levels of garbage to get customer service you might find
sooner or later the majority will stop jumping through the front door.

DS