[TriLUG] Open source for ps editing

Andrew Perrin clists at perrin.socsci.unc.edu
Mon May 17 15:21:26 EDT 2004

On Mon, 17 May 2004, Frye, Matthew wrote:

> Well, let me propose a scenario.  I have a vendor who wants some technical
> data, essentially a document, in ps format.  Postscript is what they read
> into their validation tool.  Now I have the data in plain text.  I need to
> put it into postscript format.
>
> MPF

If it's literally just text, then:

a2ps -1 -o outfile.ps infile

If it's LaTeX:

latex infile.tex
dvips -o outfile.ps outfile

If it's in a word processor, you can typically print postscript to a file.
OpenOffice, for example, has a "print to file" box to check; if you've
selected a generic postscript printer, the output will be postscript.

Adobe offers drivers for Windows to do the same thing, but if you're
posting to this list I assume you don't want those.

ap

clists at perrin.socsci.unc.edu * andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu