[TriLUG] OT:<rant>Intrex just lost a customer</rant>

Christopher L Merrill chris at webperformanceinc.com
Tue May 18 11:40:21 EDT 2004

Mike M wrote:
> ESD is a risk, but it's effectiveness may be overstated.

It should be noted that the properties of static transmission through
the human body varies greatly from person to person.  I, too, have
handled lots of hardware without ever taking much precautions...and have
never had a problem.  But I have a friend who starts loosing components
as soon as he takes the cover off.  I'd swear he can ruin boards just
by looking at them.

Chris Merrill                  |  http://www.webperformanceinc.com
Web Performance Inc.           |  http://www.webperformancemonitoring.net

Website Load Testing, Stress Testing, and Performance Monitoring Software