[TriLUG] Port 25 blocked

Stephen Hoffman srhoffman at bellsouth.net
Tue May 18 15:32:07 EDT 2004

   I'm still feeling the service out, but so far I love it...The reason I
stayed with DSL was the dedicated bandwidth (I'll sacrifice speed for
consistancy).  I'm not quite sure if this is a by product of the
upgrade, but it seems that when I ssh home (and only ssh) that my
keystrokes are heavily delayed?  but I might just need to restart ssh
(been up for over 100 days?)
   As far as the process all I really did was go online and change my
service...two days later I lost internet in the middle of the night...I
restart and I now have a free static IP and consistantly download at
300K and upload at about 45K so the speed is about on par with what I'd
expect.  Losing mail wasn't the biggest pain in the ass, although I'm
sure the list got more then it's fair share of bounces from me
(sorry!).
   So so far, I'd say go for it...I didn't have to re-commit for any time,
no cost to upgrade and I'm only paying $47 and change after taxes, up
from $45.  For twice the speed and a static IP, I'll gladly pay $2.00

Steve

P.S. for the heck of it I restarted ssh and that took care of that delay...